Pressure and Tighness above #2 Molar

I'm 50 years of age - male - no medical issues - no medications.

Starting in July 2017 I began to feel a weird sensation ( pressure - no pain ) in my upper Jaw near my sinus. My dentist referred me to an Endodontist who did a CT scan and observed that I had substantial abscess above that previously Root Canaled #2 Molar ( that was done about 10 years ago ) I was immediately put on antibiotics and he recommended that I have the tooth re-treated and that I see an ENT as there appeared to be some infection in my sinus as well. The ENT put me on a 10 days of clindamycin and steroids - that cleared up the infection and I had the root canal re-treated ( 3 separate treatments) As of November 2017 the Endontist says that the abscess is healed based upon the CT scan. The problem is that since ..... I continue to feel a pressure and tightness that emanates from tooth. It's feels like someone is pressing on the side of my cheek with their finger - It drives me absolutely NUTS. When I run my tongue up the side of the tooth ...once I hit the gum line it's like a piano wire.. ( like a muscle or tendon ) is pulling on the tooth. That pressure and tightness extends into my cheek and it comes and goes. Overall it has subsided about 30-40% but does not appear to be further subsiding. I have seen (2) endodontists and (2) oral surgeons and they are towing the line.. because the tooth looks healed based upon the CT Scans ( I have had multiple scans ) they say DON'T PULL THE TOOTH. Despite what I have been told - My GUT is telling me that since this pressure is leading to this #2 Molar - to pull it. I feel as if it's some sort of chronic inflammation associated w/ the tooth. I also saw a Physical Therapist a few times and she showed me how to massage my Masseter and Pyteragoid muscles intraorally - this helps somtimes but is not getting to the root cause of the issue. I even have wondered if this was some sort of Neurological issue like some mild form of Dystonia.

I'm at a dead end here - and I'm thinking that even if there is a 20% chance that my tooth is cause this - It's worth pulling it - because my all roads ..and tightness in my cheek and the piano wire that i feel in the gum above it - points to that #2 Molar. I can afford the extraction and the implant to replace it. I will be SO BUMMED if it does not resolve the issue. One oral surgeon told me it could be damaged cause by the abscess - Has anyone heard of such a problem - and open to any thoughts or suggestions.

Thanks

Here is the 1st CT scan before re-treatment of RC - this also when my endodontist noticed the infection in my sinus
AUG 1 2017.png

Vote:
The first scan was taken August 1st 2017 and here is a scan in February of 2018 showing the sinus cleared and the according to (2) Endodontists and (2) Oral Surgeons- the abscess has healed -
FEB 2018.png

Vote:
Couple of Panorama's taken in April 2018 by the Oral Surgeon ( Yeah.. I had Orthognathic Surgery in 2008 - top and bottom - with absolutely no problems and I don't believe this issue to be related at all )
Screen Shot 2018-07-09 at 5.18.38 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-07-09 at 5.20.12 PM.png

Vote:

Ask a Question