Pregnant dentist

Hi All,

I'm an engineer and my wife is a dentist and we are planning to open our own dentistry which will be operated by my wife. However, we will also be planning a baby in near future. Since it is NOT safe for pregnant woman to get exposed to x-ray(and other things that I might not know in dentistry), my questions are.

1) Which are the things that a pregnant dentist should be careful about while operating during pregnancy? which she would NOT normally(when she is NOT pregnant) be careful about. Ex: taking x-rays

2) What are the workaround? to all the answers for question 1). Assuming that my wife would like to continue operation until she is in her 8th OR 9th month of pregnancy.

3) Are there any gadgets available that would be good(and specific) to have for a pregnant dentist.

I would really appreciate your answers, to help us make informed decision that will affect our future generation.

Ask a Question