Post root-canal dull aching/stinging pain in tooth.

I had a root canal done on my first molar following a filling that remained painful three weeks after the filling.
I had an impacted wisdom tooth extraction done simultaneously on the same side and is taking time to heal as it had exposed bone and is currently healing adjacently.
As a result I haven't been chewing on this side.
But the RCT tooth is still having a stinging pain if I try to chew once or twice and even when I'm not chewing there is a dull shock kind of pain that comes and goes without any provocation.
It's been 10 days now since the procedure and I'm not sure if this is normal or not.
It is not sensitive to cold or hot food but the area between the adjacent teeth and the RCT teeth feel painful.

If I push down the tooth it feels painful in the areas closer to either side teeth.
There is no pain on tapping the tooth.
Is this normal after root canal?

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Good day

It could be the filling on the root canal tooth that is too high and needs adjustment. Arrange a follow-up visit with your dentist so that the symptoms can be examined.

Vote:

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Sometimes there could be off and on sensitivity on a root canal for up until a month after completion. If it continues longer than this, then there is something wrong.

Vote:

Ask a Question