Post lingual Frenectomy exercise!

I had the procedure done yesterday at 2:45PM. Yesterday was ruff, I was in severe pain. I have a very low pain tolerance. I’m feeling a little better today but not great. Still hurts to talk and regular movement. My oral surgeon said after this I will show you some exercises to do but after the procedure I was so happy it was done and the nurses dismissed me that I just bailed. At night I remembered wait he said something about tongue exercises and I looked them up.

Pretty much they were all the same. Just general tongue movements. My question is when do I start doing these? Today or when the stitches fall, which one fell yesterday by the way.

I had a tooth pulled a while back and remember that the dentist told water and Salt promote faster healing. Is the case with a frenectomy as well?

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Good day

You can start rinsing with salt water. This will help the area to heal. Start with the exercises as soon as possible. Don't wait for the stitches to fall out.

Vote:
Thank you for your response. I have been doing the exercises. When I do the one that you pull your tongue to the wall of your upper mouth I get this really bad pain in my right ear. I’m assuming this is not normal. Sometimes I feel a discomfort in the left ear but it’s actual pain in the right ear.

I know you can’t tell me without an examination but could a frenectomy cause an ear infection?

Vote:

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
It might just be referred pain. Should clear up when the area heals. If it doesn't, go and see your oral surgeon again.

Vote:

Ask a Question