Possible Root Canal

Hi,

I've been in major pain for about a month with no visible changes in the tooth, right sided upper molar. About a week ago I noticed the centre of the tooth going black and this had extended towards the outside of the tooth to the point that the whiteness of the tooth had become translucent and you could see black within. 1g of paracetamol and 400mg of ibuprofen often is not enough to make the pain go away and I have to try and sleep when I get the pain as once I wake up the tablets have kicked in and the pain has gone. I assumed, after a bit of research, that it was a root canal and I expected to have the treatment for that or have it pulled.

So I went to the dentist today and he asked me, "Do you have any pain." I replied yes and showed him where. He asked when do I get it. I stated that it is often triggered after eating and drinking. He tapped it a few times (which hut) and then looked at my gums and sent me to the hygienist. I am in intense pain with a tooth that is going black. It seems like he's assumed I have sensitive teeth (which I do have) but it isn't hurting because of the temperature of the food, it's just that can trigger off intense toothache.

Am I right in not been happy with this response or was this the right thing for him to do?

if it were me i would have it pulled, i would rather have teeth pulled instead of having this that and the other treatment and being in pain from it all, your dentist sounds alot like my old one, can't be bothered. trust me, there is no pain killer that gets rid of toothache.

Vote:

Ask a Question