Possible implant issue due to clenching?

Hoping for some info and hope. I had an implant put in my lower jaw about 3 years ago. In the last 7-10 days, I have suddenly become "aware" of it. It's not pain exactly but more like a slight pressure as if I had recently had dental work and had some slight soreness as a result. I googled possible issues and saw a lot of things related to smoking and clenching or grinding of teeth. I have never smoked but I have developed a clenching problem within the last 6 months or so. I wear disposable bite guards (Plackers) at night but I admit that prior to this issue with the implant, I was only wearing them about 60% of the time. When looking in the mirror while I clench my teeth, I can not see any place where the implant tooth is touching my top teeth. I do not believe I am guilty of clenching during the day but I do notice that throughout the day, I have a lot of tension in my jaw. The cherry on top is that I switched jobs about 5 months ago and today looked at my dental insurance only to find that no procedures related to my implant are covered. I'm freaking out. Does it sound like I could be losing the implant or have to have extensive work done? Or could some stress relief possibly make this all go away? Any advice or suggestions are welcome. Thank you!

Ask a Question