Possible extraction?

I went to my dentist today because the side of my face is swollen.. He wasn't able to do an x-ray for obvious reasons but when he looked at my tooth, he said it needs to be extracted. I asked him if he was sure and he said yes. Should I take his word for it if he didn't do an x-ray? I have an appointment in two weeks and he will look at it then once the swelling goes down and we will proceed from there.

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Have your dentist take an x-ray when your swelling goes down and discuss treatment options. Your dentist will never extract teeth without a x-ray.

Vote:
Ok thanks! I have another question. I know I'm jumping ahead here bit would it be possible to get braces or invisalign to bridge the gap left by the tooth if it needs to be extracted? It's a back molar. Behind it, I have another molar and a wisdom tooth

Vote:

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
It is really hard to close a molar gap and even harder if you are older than 25 years due to the density and hardness of your bone. With that being said, I've encountered numerous cases when children lose their 6 year first molars to cavities, etc., and their 12 year 2nd molars erupt in their place.

Vote:

Ask a Question