Porcelain crowns

please i need your help...

I went to a dentist here in dubai to have my plastic crown changed to porcelain, they are my four frontal teeth though one of the two in the center is my real one, when I came back and my crowns were fixed. it turned out that the color didn't match my real ones and it looked very ugly when i smile...

he advised me that it is not possible for porcelain crowns to have a color that is 100 percent desame with my real one.. (which he didn't mention to me before i had my nice plastic once changed) now he took a picture again and will change the once he fixed..but he advised me that it would be much prettier if i will also change my real teeth and also placed a veneer on it..

I dont want to lose my real teeth as I use it as a center for my bite,, i am quite comfortable with this teeth that i know that even if i bite something like carrots or cucumber it will not break.. (also to save myself from embarrassment)

i was very disappointed as i trusted him with my smile and now i am not comfortable anymore even when i speak..

shall i follow his advice?? or still insist to get me a veneer that would compliment the color or my real teeths?? or shall i go back to plastic veneers again that would only last for 2-3 years...

please give me some advice.
thankyou

Last edited:
A reputable well qualified dentist should have no problem matching the colour of a porcelain crown with that of your real teeth. Before having the porcelain crown I would personally suggest a whitening procedure for your real teeth. In your specific case I'd recommend getting a second opinion from another dentist.

Vote:

Ask a Question