Please help with a very yellow/brownish tooth

Hello,

I am here to ask help with an very yellow/brownish tooth. It looks like the color is coming from the inside of my tooth, it doesn't look like a stain (from smoking or coffe, which I occasionally enjoy). There is also a little brown stain on it, didn't even realize when that appeared but it won't go away.

It doesn't hurt at all but the color it's getting worst by the day despite my efforts and good hygiene. I use bicarbonate, I use active carbon, good toothpaste.. clean my teeth twice a day.

The picture is not very accurate, in real life the difference is very substantial: https://ibb.co/7QdKLtV

I want to know if you have any idea what can it be??

Thank you so much!

Good day

Do you perhaps have any xrays of the tooth?
Dear Dr M, I do not have any x-rays and I am stuck due to co-vid in another country where I do not have a dentist.
I know that I need these for a specific answer but at this point, since I do not have them, I was wondering if you could please just give me some hints? Some examples of affections that behave life this?
For instance, could it be enamel thinning? What else could it be please?

Thank you so much!

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Canine teeth are usually darker than the incisors, but not this dark. I'd be wondering if you'd had some trauma (a sporting blow, perhaps?) at an earlier age, and that there is either a calcified or dead pulp ("nerve"). Yes, we'd need to see an Xray. However, despite COVID, there's nothing you can do for it yourself, and if it's been like this for a while, then it's unlikely to get worse soon. Stop trying to whiten it; this is internal discolouration. Get to a dentist when COVID permits.

Vote:

Ask a Question