Please help severe pain after deep filling for 2 montbs

Dear Doctors,

I have had a deep filling on 2nd left lower molar and having severe pain since even though I asked her to not leave it like that and do RCT she left it and said me to wait - for 2 months. Do I need RCT?
attaching here Xrays before (8 month ago) and after (week ago).. I see there is a black area under this tooth in the recent panoramic. Please help me can't sleep at nights
Should I go to other dentist that would listen to me and do an RCT?

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
The Lower Left molar has a small filling. You should not need a root canal. Ask your dentist to replace the filling with Glass Ionomer like Fuji Equia. It will help desensitize the tooth.

Vote:
Thank you Dr honestdoc, are you sure that it's enough? I had there deep cavity before the filling that caused me lots of pain :'(

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-11-24-18-49-05-186_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-11-24-18-49-05-186_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 24

Vote:

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
The cavity does not appear very deep. The filling after does not appear very deep. A lot of white fillings can feel more sensitive because the composite fillings shrink about 1% when its is cured with the light. Glass Ionomer does not shrink and it helps desensitized the tooth. Any filling can feel more cold sensitive so don't overwhelm it with too much cold.

Vote:

Ask a Question