Please Help Me - Sensitivity

Solutions
Need some advice here.
For years Ive had sensitive teeth, from breathing in outside cold air to rinsing with cold after brushing, to drinking cold water. Now, brushing is fine, no pain, but the bottoms & tops of my teeth look 30% transparent, especially the front ones. I dont drink any fizzy drink, only water. But I neglected my mouth hygeine most of childhood and teens, although brushed occasionally. But past few years Ive brushed a lot and used mouthwash.

But Im not sure what product to use to rebuild my enamel and desensitise my teeth. I tried Sensodyne rapid relief for a few days but my teeth became sore, more sensitive, and it gave me painful toothaches for 4 days in various places so I kept off it.

Where do I go from here?

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Good day

If you had extensive enamel loss, this could lead to severe sensitivity as you mentioned. Unfortunately once enamel is lost, there isn't much you can do to " build it up again".
In severe cases, you might need to consider full coverage crowns, starting on the teeth which are most severe. Keep in mind that you might require additional root canal therapy, especially if the amount of tooth structure lost, is severe.
For a comprehensive treatment plan, with options, you would need to see a dentist for a consultation. Not much more we can say without any x-rays or a clinical image.

Vote:
Solutions
Good day

If you had extensive enamel loss, this could lead to severe sensitivity as you mentioned. Unfortunately once enamel is lost, there isn't much you can do to " build it up again".
In severe cases, you might need to consider full coverage crowns, starting on the teeth which are most severe. Keep in mind that you might require additional root canal therapy, especially if the amount of tooth structure lost, is severe.
For a comprehensive treatment plan, with options, you would need to see a dentist for a consultation. Not much more we can say without any x-rays or a clinical image.

would this REGENERATE product be able to rebuild and strengthen the enamel or is it a gimmick? Should I try PRONAMEL or was Sensodyne the right choice?

Vote:

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
If your enamel is completely lost, unfortunately you won't be able to regain it. You will have to consider other treatment options

Vote:
Solutions
If your enamel is completely lost, unfortunately you won't be able to regain it. You will have to consider other treatment options

Just seen the prices and I definitely cant afford a set of crowns. Its £300 per tooth and I dont have the greatest credit score for a plan. I dont feel much enamel has been lost, its more like at the tips of the front teeth and if I brush and then use mouthwash, just the mouthwash swishing around makes my teeth hurt and its not even cold. Should I try pronamel or keep with sensodyne but try a different one? Can you recommend something?

Vote:

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
You can maybe start with some resin filling build ups in areas where the sensitivity is most severe

Vote:
Solutions
You can maybe start with some resin filling build ups in areas where the sensitivity is most severe

So just fillings? Ok but everytime I ask for the white fillings, he says he is doing that so why does my teeth have the silver ones now? Is he lying to me or do they change colour?

Vote:

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Usually amalgam fillings are silver and not resin fillings. He might be placing them if you are a grinder? Has he mentioned grinding to you?
It might also be a good idea, if you do grind your teeth, to consider having a bite plate made, or at least buy a over-the-counter mouth guard, which might be cheaper.

Vote:
Solutions
Nope no grinding at all, never have. I want to start using the proper desensitising toothpaste but is pronamel better? Does it desensitise AND strengthen remaining enamel? And which product specifically should I try? As mentioned, the Repair & Protect (attached) did make them more sensitive the next morning then after a few uses I started getting toothaches so became reluctant to use it again.

Attachments

• DA21056B-CDA9-49FF-A63E-C155B1CB87B3.jpeg
    DA21056B-CDA9-49FF-A63E-C155B1CB87B3.jpeg
    71.2 KB · Views: 73

Vote:

Ask a Question