Please help !! Crown came off and nothing left to recemet too !!! Can I get a post ??

Hello, I hope someone here can please help me, I am worried sick over this. My crown came out yesterday ( tooth #6 near the front ) . At the dentist cant see me until Monday morning so I went to my periodontist who is nearby. He lookes at it and said he can not recement it because first I need a post, root canal and maybe a crown lengthening procedure before a crown will fit. But my question is this, do you think he is accurate or was he just guessing when he looked at it ? I mean, can he tell by just looking at it without an xray ? Iam hoping hes correct and it feels like forever until I see the dentist, Im just worried sick...

ALso, I dont remember if I ever had a root canal on that tooth ? If so, can it be retreated again to build up the tooth for a crown ? Thanks so much, I appreciate any help you can give me.

Sounds as though your periodontist is 'spot on' judging from your description.But how do you explain not allowing him to take an x-ray which is critical to accurate diagnosis and treatment planning?

Vote:

Ask a Question