Please Help! Apico/extraction 14 yr struggle

Hello

I will try to be short and to the point. Dentist did a root canal (2004) on left upper #16. It stayed infected with pain for a year using off and on antibiotics. I had fistula the last 4 months even with taking two antibiotics.

I then get an apico from a surgeon. He reopened it two times in two years because infection would come and go. Finally he opted to pull the #16 and all was ok for a year. I did have pain still there though up in the gum area. After a year it started all over with swelling and pain. Then it would leave and come back months later. I felt nauseated alot with face and ear pain.

Same surgeon decided to go back in again. He said the bone was mushy and soft. Debrided and scraped infection out and stitched me back up along gum line. I had to go back several times throughout the years with recurring issues. Currently he says there is nothing he can do since he cant see anything on cone beam scans. I have seen ENT, family MD, neurologist and list goes on. I had #15 pulled because of pain there when they said it needed root canal.

Currently upper gum #16 swells up then goes down. When it decides to swell like the picture I am adding I get nausea and sick. Joints hurt a over like I have the flu or something..

They see this and scratch their heads. I need help!!!!! In pain and going numb sometimes. Any suggestions!!!??? Please!
screenshot_2018-06-20-10-43-20-png.1768

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Get another opinion from an Oral Surgeon preferably one with a MD degree as well as another ENT. Without an image, I'm guessing possible cyst/tumor. I can't explain why it comes and goes.

Vote:

Ask a Question