Please, can you help me with this xray?

3 months ago I did an apical resection, but yesterday on my X-ray it seems like the infection it still there.
And now, near that tooth I have a gum abscess. It's a connection between gum abscess and apicoectomy? I need to do another Apicoectomy??

Thank you!

Attachments

• m.jpg
    m.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 11

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Good day

Are you sure that an apicoectomy was done? If so, it seems poorly done. I see a lot of problems here.
1) The root canal, if completed, was very poorly done.
2) There is no sign of an apical filling, that is commonly placed after the apical portion of the tooth has been removed and all diseased tissue removed.

If the dentist or surgeon was satisfied that the treatment performed was adequate, I would seek a second opinion.

Vote:
Good day

Are you sure that an apicoectomy was done? If so, it seems poorly done. I see a lot of problems here.
1) The root canal, if completed, was very poorly done.
2) There is no sign of an apical filling, that is commonly placed after the apical portion of the tooth has been removed and all diseased tissue removed.

If the dentist or surgeon was satisfied that the treatment performed was adequate, I would seek a second opinion.
Do you think that is necessary to extract the tooth? Or can it be treated?

Thank you!

Vote:

Ask a Question