Plaque Attracting to New Crown (Same Day)

Hi, I had a 'same day crown' and a 'same day inlay' fitted. After having them both fitted, plaque attracts to these teeth incredibly quickly and I get intermittent tooth pain in both teeth. Each morning I wake with plaque magnetized to these teeth and they need a professional cleaning every couple of weeks, compared to every few months with the other teeth. I have to brush them so much that it is making the near by teeth sensitive, as the bristles brush them partly too. And I now have some decay on the teeth next to them. I also have abdominal adhesions that seem to slow digestion, especially overnight, resulting in GERD. Other teeth are basically fine.

Why is plaque just attracted to the inlay and crowned teeth? Is this normal?

Could the inlay and crowned teeth be infected? Could my body be rejecting the inlay/crown? Something else... If I changed them for Titanium or Zirconia implants or for a bridge (there are fillings on both sides of the teeth) would I still have the same problem?

I got a crown installed a few months ago and plaque doesn't build up at all on it. Even if other teeth are dirty that tooth is totally plaque free. Dentist said it was zircon. You may check with your dentist what your crown is made with and google info about that material.

Vote:

Ask a Question