Plaque and Tartar removal.

I do brush my teeth 3 times a day and use interdental brushes, dental tape and mouthwash once a day.

Over time plaque and Tartar still build up.

I used to see a Hygienist every 6 months but have moved and they did not provide this service at one Dentist I registered at (he also did not want to repair a broken tooth) so I changed to another Dentist who repaired the tooth but they Hygienist I paid for was the worst clean I had ever had.
I will try to find a private Hygienist in the furture.

In the man time is there anything I can do to keep Plaque and Tartar in check?
Are there any untra sonic cleaners available to the public that work well?

Hi. If you do not currently use an electric tooth brush you may find that replacing your standard brush with one may help a little.

I am quite lucky. My local NHS dentist does a very thorough scale and polish. I switched to the NHS from a private dentist a year ago and she is the best dentist have ever had. :)

Vote:
Hi. If you do not currently use an electric tooth brush you may find that replacing your standard brush with one may help a little.

I am quite lucky. My local NHS dentist does a very thorough scale and polish. I switched to the NHS from a private dentist a year ago and she is the best dentist have ever had. :)

Thanks for the reply.
Yes I have used an electric toothbrush since 2008.
I have been reading about water picks and am considering buying one.
I also bought some disclosing tablets today to see how effective my routine is at cleaning Plaque.

It's a pity, the Hygienist where I used to live was fantastic. I fear my teeth and gums will deteriorate if I stay with this one.

Vote:

Ask a Question