(Pic included) do I have a dry socket

My wisdom teeth got take. Out 4 days ago and there’s a foul stench in my mouth and kinda taste like a liquid or something that makes it smell like that I saw some brown stuff and some whiteish around it and with the syringe they gave me I cleaned it off and seems like little pieces were coming off then a flake of brown went into my sink and I can see the blood clot but there’s a little white surrounding the hole I also had some other teeth pulled for braces for specification I’m talking about the one in back
picture is a bad sorry but it’s a decent size hole do I need to see a dentist or will I be fine

Attachments

• 84C3A183-92A5-46A3-ADAC-CDE8B7422A5F.jpeg
    84C3A183-92A5-46A3-ADAC-CDE8B7422A5F.jpeg
    80.5 KB · Views: 81
  • 7374D085-42AC-41B0-9757-B27095C48DC6.jpeg
    7374D085-42AC-41B0-9757-B27095C48DC6.jpeg
    91.2 KB · Views: 1

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
If you are able to manage any pain, then there is no need to go back to the dentist for a dressing or similar. Dry sockets represent a delayed healing. They will heal with time, but most people need some pain relief in the manner of a sedative dressing just to get them through the rough patch.

Vote:
If you are able to manage any pain, then there is no need to go back to the dentist for a dressing or similar. Dry sockets represent a delayed healing. They will heal with time, but most people need some pain relief in the manner of a sedative dressing just to get them through the rough patch.
Okay thanks it’s been 5 days am I allowed with the dry socket to have pocky or reese's peanut butter cups? I got told I could but that’s not a medical opinion so I would like to check please look pocky up if you do not know what it is

Vote:

Ask a Question