Photo included - what could this be? Please help.

Hello, I have had a photo of a dark spot on a tooth taken, and I am wondering what it could be... It is uploaded below. I am very concerned and would appreciate any input, especially from a professional. I only discovered this spot yesterday or so. I take care of my teeth well but always seem to be prone to caries. It seems to run on my father's side of the family. The yellowness is due to my having eaten curry prior -- please excuse that. Please ask any questions you may have. Thank you greatly.

P.S. I fully acknowledge that this is in no way a good substitute for a full check-up, but I am worried, and this is the most I can do at the moment. I will, of course, get examined professionally and in person as soon as feasible.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 462
I observed the pic posted by you...this is not a major problem it's just a staining in your teeth and it can be clean by a very short treatment.
Hello. Thanks for the input! Strangely, someone else also replied earlier, but their opinion was that it was a cavity; however, I do not see the comment anymore... Very weird.

Vote:
Nice Gold Restorations. It appears to be stain as Johannyjay said, but to be sure see your dentist for evaluation as it needs to be evaluatedfor hardness and with x-rays.
Dr. M

Last edited by a moderator:

Vote:
Cleaning stain is very simple and easy process..staining occurs due to the fibers and others eatables remaining in the mouth after our dinner or lunch or whenever we eat something..so make habit of brushing your teeth everyday before going to sleep..hope it will help to remove stain from your teeth..and try to opt for a good tooth paste.

Vote:
Recently a patient with same problem was under treatment here in my dental clinic, as I observed his teeth and found that he had staining in his wisdom teeth..he wanted to extract it but I gave him same advice and the stain started to remove from his teeth.

Vote:

Ask a Question