Phantom pain?

pym

i am 72 had very bad toothache, in the scanty few i have, last two weeks but couldnt get to dentist till yesterday.
i had 3 teeth on that side and i thought one was the culprit but couldnt tell. i told her to pull 2. she said the tooth i thought was culprit didnt have decay but the other two did so she convinced me to have those pulled.
late in afternoon i started getting the exact type of pain that i have been having the last two weeks. it felt like the tooth pain and not some new extraction pain.
is it possible to have phatom pain?
(i think it probable is the tooth i wanted pulled)thanks

hmm.. phantom pain are possible. usually when pain is there , its difficult for patient to decide which tooth is paining. sometimes the tooth which is paining to the patient doesnt have any issue but the adjacent teeth has.its a common confusion for the patient. only a dentist will be able to decide which tooth has problem based on the symptoms and by clinically examination. hope this was helpful.

Vote:

pym

thank you . she couldnt tell
went back this week and had the original tooth i wanted pulled and no more toothache. so not only did i lose 3 teeth, when it should have been two, but an xtra $202

Vote:

Ask a Question