Periodontal Irritation Question

I have an area near #12-14 that keeps on becoming irritated. The Periodontist says he doesn't see anything going on with the teeth after doing X-rays. He's not certain why this area keeps on becoming inflamed. They have given me two products that I can use when there is a problem (chlorhexidine gluconate & a pink rinse (it appears they make this in their office). They both seem to correct the problem after I use them twice a day (only use 1 at a time) for about a week. Sometimes the irritation will come back after a few days. My question is how long can you use these products for? Are they safe to use on an on-going basis?:confused:

i was going to suggest chlorhexidine too. You know what try salt water and rinse and see if that helps. If not maybe a good ole fashion root scaling might help

Vote:
The reason that the irritation keeps coming back is because bacteria called a biofilm are constantly forming below the gum line. Your toothbrush and floss can only reach about 1mm below the gums. If you want to eliminate it forever, you will want to use Perio Protect Trays. Perio Protect Trays are custom-fit medical appliances that allow you to place an antimicrobial gel below the gums. After 15 minutes of wear time, the antimicrobial gel kills 99.9% of the bacteria in the biofilm, and it's safe to use every day.

Vote:

Ask a Question