periodontal gum surgery

My dentist told me I need periodontal gum surgery in one area of my mouth. Has anyone here had it done? If so, was it worth it or would you not ever have it again done because of pain and the expense?

First of all surgical treatment is needed in severe cases and you haven't mentioned how much critical situation you are in. Despite this all I can say that at present gum surgery becomes easier and the whole procedures are performed with local anesthesia. Just do remember that early treatment is essential to keep your teeth for lifetime.

Vote:
The area my dentist is saying needs surgery the gum pocket is 9. Their is no loose teeth in that area. Since I posted I've talked to several people that had it done and they said they would not have it done again because of the pain during surgery and after. If they had pain during surgery they maybe should have told their dentist and maybe they could have been numbed more. I really don't think I'm having it done because of the pain afterwards and the expense. This past year with every cleaning I've been having the cleaning girl says I don't have so much tartar like I was having and my gum pockets haven't gotten worse. I think it's because I bought an Oral B manual deep cleaning toothbrush.

Vote:

Ask a Question