Paperless patient check-in

Hi!
Our office recently started paperless charting. We, however, are still working on figuring out a way to check our patients in. Our charting program does have an option for this- but can be quite expensive. Before going paperless, when a patient arrived we would pull their charts. In transition we've been printing tray sheets with the patient's name and placing in arrival order. This is very wasteful since we only need the sheet to see the patient's name.
I am curious as to how your office checks patients in and informs the assistant/hygiene staff.
We've tossed around ideas of a dry erase board with a patient's name.... listing names on a sheet of paper.... nothing that has been an amazing idea yet.
Thanks so much!

I know this post is a year old, yet no one had replied, especially with more and more orthodontists wanting to go paperless and thought I would chime in to help.

A good solution is a using a tablet PC mounted at the front counter. There are a few ways to go about this. One is a paid program and the other is free or close to it.
The free one or the lowest cost option is that your office could setup a webpage on your website that patents could access via a tablet PC that is located at the front counter.

There the patient could enter their info and then have it sent to the front desk. It would be as simple as just typing your name and clicking the submit button.

Not only is this a simple and clean process, you can also ask for info such as their email and cell number to use for paper free messaging and have them check a box to authorize this type of communication for further use.

With new technologies becoming available almost daily, paperless has been an easy transition for us here at Family Orthodontics of Wellington, Florida and has actually help us connect better with our patients.

Best of luck to you!

Last edited:

Vote:

Ask a Question