PAIN in teeth after exposure to cold

many years back, i had a terrible pain after i got exposed to the cold climate and was having a cup of coffee. when i went to the dentest, she suggested that my enamel had worn out and painted something on my teeth. it felt better for a couple of years. now i have the same pain again but am in differnet city. i dont know what that treatment name is that the original dentist gave me. can anyone identify what kind of coating that could be applied to replace the enamel?

it may be easier if you just call your original dentist and just ask her what she did......
I am in a different country and gosh don't even remember the name of the dental office I had been a few years back. so need some ideas. I think she said that my gums were thinning or something like that and applied something that will act like artificial enamel so the nerves are protected.

Vote:
Junkone,

It could have been restorative (filling) material of some kind, or a layer of varnish that was applied to the symptomatic area. Whatever the material was, it acted to protect the inside of the tooth (dentin) which can be quite sensitive to temperature.

Best advice is to seek professional dental help. If that is not possible, something you can try doing is using sensitivity toothpaste like Sensodyne which can also act as a temporary protective coat.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vote:
I use MI paste to help with sensitivity and to restore enamel. My dentist used during my visit and gave me a tube to take home. Has been buying online since then.

Vote:

Ask a Question