Pain in high gum after Retreated root canal and new crown

hi there,

I had a root canal done 9 years ago which caused an abscess about 6 months ago. This abscess was the cause of my crown being too big, allowing bacteria to get inside.

Back in November, I went to an endodontist to do a retreatment of the root canal. Fast forward 3 months, I received my new crown. This crown has been on my tooth for about a month and I can all the sudden feel pressure in my tooth and when I run my finger along the gum, I can pinpoint a pain that is above that same tooth.

I am hoping someone can help me on here before I go back to the dentist.

Many thanks- sarab

Solutions
It can take time for roots to settle and you've had a new crown too. So a lot of disruption. You need to go back to the dentist if you are in pain. Perhaps the crown is too high or maybe you need more antibiotics.

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Antibiotics should not be required, and should not be taken as substitute for an examination except in emergency. Go back to the endodontist - my most likely suggestion is a failure of the retreatment, or a vertical crack in the tooth.

Vote:

Ask a Question