Pain for Months on the Left Side

I've been having really bad tooth pains from time to time (at least twice a week for a few hours) on the back teeth on the left side. It doesn't seem to be just one tooth and it is sometimes on both the top and bottom, but usually just the bottom.

Back in the Fall I had a root canal in that area and after that is when the pain seemed to have started. I went to my dentist at the time and he couldn't find any reason for the pain. I'm currently at another dentist who is a lot more competent and actually listens to this concern. However, even she is not able to find a reason for the pain.

Nothing in particular seems to trigger the pain. Sometimes it comes on after drinking something cold, but other times it will just start randomly.

Note: I do grind my teeth at night, but this doesn't seem to be related since it's not surface or jaw pain.

It's deeper in the nerve. That's the part that makes me nervous since I've had root canals in three of the teeth in the area so there shouldn't be nerve pain, at least not near those teeth, right? What could it be and is it something I should be worried about?

Thanks!

Hi, you may want to ask about Trigeminal Neuruopathic pain. this is a very difficult thing to diagnose. I have had 2 root canals and lost both those teeth , being treated for TMJ , but finally am working with a dentist who understands orofacial pain, I am scheduled for a MRI next week to see if what I have is Pre or Trigeminal Neuralgia. Very complicted stuff. It has been 2 yrs of pain and dentist just wanting to do more work. Look it up and read about it and see if your symptoms seem similar.

Vote:

Ask a Question