Pain after root canal

I've had a lot of things done to my teeth in the past 6-8 months. I got 3 wisdom teeth removed, I didn't get the Upper Left one removed because the molar next to it had really bad cavities so my dentist said it was better if we extracted that one instead of the wisdom tooth. After almost 2 months, I was still feeling horrible pain the wisdom tooth not removed,I went to the dentist and said I needed to get 4 root canals on different teeth,this tooth was one of them.I went to another dentist for a second opinion. He removed the wisdom tooth and said I only needed one root canal on number 19, I think, which is the upper left tooth and the other ones were going to be OK with just fillings so he did the fillings which worked pretty good.He said to come back a few weeks later to do the root canal,I went to get the nerves out but after two weeks I was still feeling a lot of pain so I went back and did they "cleaning" part again.The second time they cleaned it, they also put the temp. crown. I was still felling pain after weeks so I went back, the dentist said my gums were really irritated and that I needed to floss/brush my teeth more often.Well here I am, three months later, and still feel pain,it is so bad that I can't even drink room temperature water on the left side because it hurts A LOT,even my Left upper tooth where he did the filling hurts. I can't drink, eat, or chew on that side and it's really bothering me. I don't know what to do. Any suggestions?

Hi.

I'm sorry you've gone through so much with your teeth. I can relate to teeth problems.

My suggestion would be go see an Endodontist, because they specialize in root canals and the teeth and their nerves. Maybe they can do something for you that your dentist hasn't already done.

Also, did your dentist put you on an antibiotic for any of this? Sometimes an antibiotic can help a lot, depending on the problem.

Good luck.

JJ

Vote:

Ask a Question