Pain after Crown

About two months ago, I had a root canal to treat a tooth that was hurting badly. The dentist put on a temporary crown after the root canal and made an appointment to put on a permanent crown. The temporary crown felt very high, and it made it difficult to bite down. The root canal cured the pain, but I began to get new pain from biting down on the high crown. The pain started in the gums near the tooth in question, but ended up spreading to pretty much that whole half of my mouth.

The dentist had some difficulties getting the permanent crown from their supplier and had to delay the appointment to put in the permanent crown multiple times. I ended up getting the permanent put in a little more than six weeks after the temporary crown was put in. I told the dentist I was having substantial pain, but they told me that was normal with a temporary crown. They said the pain would go away within two or three days.

It has now been twelve days since the permanent crown was put in and I am still experiencing pain, even though my bite feels much more natural with the permanent crown. Is there anything I can do to speed the healing? Should I see a different dentist? Thanks in advance for the advice.

You should avoid crunchy, hard or tough food on a recently treated root canal tooth for several days afterward. Staying with softer foods and chewing on the opposite side are very helpful to reduce pain after root canal treatment.

Vote:
u should avoid eating hard stuffs from that side.and if possible avoid that side for 1-2 week. do a gum massage with finger around the root canal treated tooth. Slowly the pain will reduce.tc.

Vote:

Ask a Question