Other than orthadontics what can fix my bent front tooth?

Can anyone tell me if theres other options than orthadontics to straighten my front bottom tooth which is bent (misaligned) ? my dentist said i need orthadontics called in to fix it, i know its not cheap, im an nhs dentist patient, nhs orthadontics band 3 is around 233.00, is that how much i would get charged if my dentist called an orthadontics person in? because a private dentist would charge around 2000 pounds. ive uploaded picture,Thanks for ur time.

Attachments

• IMG_20170308_002920.jpg
    IMG_20170308_002920.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 423
Hi there. I had a front tooth misaligned and also wanted an alternative to orthodontia. I did find an alternative that worked well for me; however, my misaligned tooth was inside/behind the other teeth. The treatment was to build up that tooth to meet the outer "ring" of teeth. So that solution won't work in your case. However, the advice that might be helpful is to seek a cosmetic dentist. (That's a legitimate thing in the U.S., but I'm not sure if that's everywhere! This is a perfect-teeth obsessed nation.) Basically, a cosmetic dentist can/will advise on appearance, even if it might ignore a more comprehensive repair of an overall problem. In the U.S., this is not usually covered by insurance. I paid (I think) around $800-$1,000 US.

Here's a photo. You can see my overall alignment is not perfect, but I just wanted to eliminate the cringe factor when people saw me smile. Of the front two upper teeth, it's the one on the left side of the photo.

Good luck to you! And in the meantime, OWN that misaligned tooth! Give it a name and a "forward" personality. hehehe

Attachments

• 20170308_212215-1.jpg
    20170308_212215-1.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 412

Vote:
Hi there. I had a front tooth misaligned and also wanted an alternative to orthodontia. I did find an alternative that worked well for me; however, my misaligned tooth was inside/behind the other teeth. The treatment was to build up that tooth to meet the outer "ring" of teeth. So that solution won't work in your case. However, the advice that might be helpful is to seek a cosmetic dentist. (That's a legitimate thing in the U.S., but I'm not sure if that's everywhere! This is a perfect-teeth obsessed nation.) Basically, a cosmetic dentist can/will advise on appearance, even if it might ignore a more comprehensive repair of an overall problem. In the U.S., this is not usually covered by insurance. I paid (I think) around $800-$1,000 US.

Here's a photo. You can see my overall alignment is not perfect, but I just wanted to eliminate the cringe factor when people saw me smile. Of the front two upper teeth, it's the one on the left side of the photo.

Good luck to you! And in the meantime, OWN that misaligned tooth! Give it a name and a "forward" personality. hehehe

Thanks for the info :)

Vote:

Ask a Question