Orthodontic Disaster

Hi,

I live in the UK. I had a tooth extracted following a nasty abscess. Rather than having an implant to fill the gap I decided to have orthodontic treatment to correct some over crowding.

I was advised my treatment would take 2 1/2 years and cost £7.5k (Incognito top teeth,Radiance on the bottom teeth). I was also advised that another tooth on the opposite side of my mouth would need extracting to create space (upper teeth).

I am now 2 1/2 years into my treatment, it should now be complete.The 2 large gaps created by the missing teeth have not closed at all, this is because I have had continual Incognito breakages, approximately 8 breakages of the brackets. I am now being told that my treatment will take a further 18 months IF there are no more breakages. I remember in my original consultation the Orthodontist mentioned putting 'blocks' on my teeth because of my bite. This has never happened and the breakages have been constant.

I am female in my mid 30's and my confidence is shattered because of the missing upper teeth, I never expected to have to endure 4 years (at least!) of braces and missing teeth - my treatment should be finished by now. I am totally self-conscious in work and social settings, I can't smile properly for fear of showing the large gaps and I dread having my photo taken. Aside from all this, the time out of work to go and have the breakages looked at is becoming unmanageable. I also have to be careful what I eat and how I eat it, something I was prepared to do for 2 1/2 years but not 4+ years!

I have 2 questions:

1) Should I be entitled to a complete refund and go elsewhere to finish the treatment ?
2) If my orthodontist offers the Damon Clear self-litigating braces, would this significantly reduce the time it take to close the gaps compared to Incognito ?

Thank you!

you have not mentioned your age,as age advances density of bone increases ,if after certain age bone becomes dense and teeth are not able to move .so its not a matter of type of braces ,its matter of aging process,may be.

Last edited:

Vote:

Ask a Question