Oral Implants, Temporary Cement for Bridge

I have a permanent bridge permanent cemented over my lower front teeth. Since the placement, the bridge is uncomfortable, irritating my gums, and causing a lisp. I am having the bridge completely redone next week (by the same doctor) to eliminate some of the bulk from the labial side for the purpose of improving the comfort and fit.

In July, I am considering an beginning the process to have an oral implant placed (with the two adjacent teeth crowned) in that area as an alternative to having the bridge. The hope is the implant will be more comfortable, and that I will have an easier time keep the area clean First, a bone graft will be needed (5-6 month recovery), then the implant screw placement (2-3 month recovery, then the tooth placement and two adjacent crowns placement.

The oral surgeon is recommending that when I have the bridge replaced I should use temporary cement instead of permanent cement. This is so the oral surgeon can take it off for the bone graft and take it off again for the implant screw. I am concerned that the temporary cement may cause the bridge to fall out during the 8 months or so it will be in use. Your thoughts?

Attachments

• Hui Full Mouth xray.jpeg
    Hui Full Mouth xray.jpeg
    158.4 KB · Views: 350

Ask a Question