Oral health

I'm new to this dentistry forum and I'm hoping to get some tips on how to take better care of my teeth. I've always been pretty diligent about brushing and flossing, but I feel like there's more I could be doing to keep my pearly whites in tip-top shape.

So, I'm reaching out to all of you dental professionals and enthusiasts out there - what are some ways to take care of your teeth that might not be so obvious? Are there any products or techniques that you swear by for a healthy smile? And how often should we really be visiting the dentist for check-ups and cleanings?

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
The recommend guidelines are bi-annual visits to the dentist.During these visits, x-rays can be taken and other factors that affect your teeth can also be evaluated, such as grinding habits, erosion, gum recession etc. Normal brushing and flossing habits are good, and you can also consider using an alcohol free mouthrinse.

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
1. Brush 2. Floss..... 3. maybe a chlorhexidine mouthwash nightly.
Drink fluoridated water wherever possible, and only have manufactured drinks as an occasional treat. And it's really cheap. If you like to carry around a bottle of expensive-looking water as a fashion statement, just refill from a tap.

Vote:
The recommend guidelines are bi-annual visits to the dentist.During these visits, x-rays can be taken and other factors that affect your teeth can also be evaluated, such as grinding habits, erosion, gum recession etc. Normal brushing and flossing habits are good, and you can also consider using an alcohol free mouthrinse.
Hey, thanks for the advice! I'll definitely make sure to schedule my bi-annual visits to the dentist. It's good to know that they can evaluate more than just my teeth during those visits. I've been trying to stay on top of my brushing and flossing, but I'll also consider using an alcohol-free mouthwash. Thanks again for the helpful tips!

Vote:
1. Brush 2. Floss..... 3. maybe a chlorhexidine mouthwash nightly.
Drink fluoridated water wherever possible, and only have manufactured drinks as an occasional treat. And it's really cheap. If you like to carry around a bottle of expensive-looking water as a fashion statement, just refill from a tap.
Thanks for the advice on dental hygiene. I'm usually pretty good about brushing and flossing, but I'll definitely add the mouthwash to my nightly routine. And I had no idea about fluoridated water, so I'll make sure to look out for that. I definitely need to cut back on the sugary drinks, so I'll try to stick to water and maybe some tea or coffee as my occasional treat. Thanks again for the tips!

Vote:

Ask a Question