Opinions on over the counter night guards

Solutions
Just wondering about opinions on boil and bite guards vs guards the dentist makes. I have both kinds. First one was a boil and bite. Then the dentist made one. It was hard and killed my already hurting teeth. Couldn't adjust it to fit. Went back to the boil and bite. Another dentist said I could try a soft one on my lower teeth. It is a little better but still fits too tight for my liking. Back to my boil and bite I trimmed to fit. It stays on my teeth but I can slip it off with my tongue. I really can't see where it would hurt my teeth anymore than the dental guard. I really can't see the difference of me biting into the tray with goop in it at the dentist or biting into the boil and bite at home. Seems like both ways should conform to your teeth.
I wear it sometime because I have pain in most all my teeth. Use it to keep them apart.

Ask a Question