Open Bite

I am 15 and unfortunately as a younger child i sucked my thumb a lot. I outgrew this habit quite a while ago but it greatly affected my growing teeth, causing an almost slanted open bite. I have attached a similar photo. Because of this, i have become very self conscious, especially as my speech is slightly impaired because of it. I would like to know; at what age do teeth stop growing? As my open bite used to be very wide but it has closed up over the years and i wonder if it will still continue to close up. Or will i need braces? I wouldn’t mind braces but i just would rather not go through the pain and experience of them. Thanks!

Attachments

• 3BFF4929-E08A-4048-BF60-306DF3F11F0B.jpeg
    3BFF4929-E08A-4048-BF60-306DF3F11F0B.jpeg
    21.9 KB · Views: 309
Solutions
Your teeth keep moving all your life. You're still very young so it may be worth waiting a few years. Because to intervene could cause far bigger problems. slightly impaired speech is nothing compared with the long term effects of trying to fix things. You have beautiful teeth by the way.

Vote:

Ask a Question