Ooops slipped drill doing temp crown...

First I LOVE MY DENTIST. She was fitting a back tooth with a temp crown (I have an oddly small mouth) and the drill slipped and pierced under my tongue. It happens I get that.

What is weird is out of the "hole" waiting to close and heal is a long almost like sac looking thing. I called her and she said it would fall off eventually.

Can't she tie it off and get rid of it. I keep feeling like something in my teeth and it's that free floating thing.

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Can you provide an image? The tongue has great potential to heal since it has a vast network of blood supply to repair most traumatic events.

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
First I LOVE MY DENTIST. She was fitting a back tooth with a temp crown (I have an oddly small mouth) and the drill slipped and pierced under my tongue. It happens I get that.

What is weird is out of the "hole" waiting to close and heal is a long almost like sac looking thing. I called her and she said it would fall off eventually.

Can't she tie it off and get rid of it. I keep feeling like something in my teeth and it's that free floating thing.
It probably needs to be sutured. Holes in the bottom of the mouth don't easily close of their own accord, so the edges have to be brought together. I think I've done it twice in my time where my movements and that of the patient both went in the wrong directions at the same time, so, out with the sutures. I think we're fairly lucky that these things don't actually happen a lot more often. I couldn't even remember how many times I've nicked a tongue!

Vote:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
https://reduslim.at/

Latest Threads