Numbing nerve shots for diagnosis purpose. Any side effects

Hi,
have been dealing with lower jaw pain under ear and side of neck for more than 10 months. No injuries prior. It's like burning and sore pain in the jaw under ear and neck. Been to multiple doctors and dentists. They said it's Myofascial pain dysfunction. I do have muscle tightness and stiffness.

I have 2 lump like spots in jaw under ear and neck. The lump in neck is pea like size and hard. It's the same from June'20 till now. No change in size. My physician ordered neck ultrasound and CT scan to check.

Extracted upper wisdom tooth and rct on lower molar 30( suspecting tooth root fracture,cbct clear,no cavity. 30 hurts for tapping and biting pressure before and after RCT )Pain is constant under ear & neck. My dentist told me to check about Eagles Syndrome. He said it's a rare condition and wanted me to check with ent/OMFS. 30 hurts for tapping,biting pressure. dentist want to try numbing shots to see if cause of my pain is from that tooth or not. is it safe? how to find find tooth root fracture?
Is numbing nerve shots really helpful to diagnose if the pain is from tooth or not? Does it cause nerve damage? I am not sure if my source of pain is pinched nerve or any neuralgia. So not sure if nerve numbing shots is ok to try. This is a new dentist who is suggesting this diagnosis thing to see if it's from any tooth which cause jaw pain under ear.

Ask a Question