Not happy with brand new veneers

Hi, I just got my veneers done and it has been process. I was in temporaries for 5 weeks - unable to eat my normal diet and had a lot of sensitivity. They removed the temporaries before showing me the final veneer. When I chose the color the assistant pushed for a color that I thought was too dark and I chose a lighter color which she referred to as toilet bowl light and said they would be really white; surprise, I don’t feel my teeth are white enough. The veneer looked brighter under the dental light than it does in natural light. I also felt like the assistant who tried the veneers in my mouth was very pushy with her opinion that it was difficult to form my own opinion as I was being told it was perfect. I am not loving the way they look. I feel like the shade is darker than I wanted and the shade on one canine looks different than the rest (there is also a spot on that tooth that doesn’t look right). The teeth looked lighter under the bright dentist light.

I would appreciate any advice on what I should do. How can I best approach the situation in order to make sure my concerns addressed? I have bad anxiety about upsetting them and don’t know if even bringing the issue up would make them redo the veneers. I feel like I made a $20k mistake.

Hi, I just got my veneers done and it has been process. I was in temporaries for 5 weeks - unable to eat my normal diet and had a lot of sensitivity. They removed the temporaries before showing me the final veneer. When I chose the color the assistant pushed for a color that I thought was too dark and I chose a lighter color which she referred to as toilet bowl light and said they would be really white; surprise, I don’t feel my teeth are white enough. The veneer looked brighter under the dental light than it does in natural light. I also felt like the assistant who tried the veneers in my mouth was very pushy with her opinion that it was difficult to form my own opinion as I was being told it was perfect. I am not loving the way they look. I feel like the shade is darker than I wanted and the shade on one canine looks different than the rest (there is also a spot on that tooth that doesn’t look right). The teeth looked lighter under the bright dentist light.

I would appreciate any advice on what I should do. How can I best approach the situation in order to make sure my concerns addressed? I have bad anxiety about upsetting them and don’t know if even bringing the issue up would make them redo the veneers. I feel like I made a $20k mistake.

Attachments

• 58F63DB7-CFF4-449D-952E-FDBC124B386B.jpeg
    58F63DB7-CFF4-449D-952E-FDBC124B386B.jpeg
    168.6 KB · Views: 81
  • 48A3D16E-931C-484C-9840-60BBD0798846.jpeg
    48A3D16E-931C-484C-9840-60BBD0798846.jpeg
    169.9 KB · Views: 79
  • 26069FBB-EFB9-41D6-BD5C-DAD134E94C87.jpeg
    26069FBB-EFB9-41D6-BD5C-DAD134E94C87.jpeg
    167.8 KB · Views: 82

Vote:

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Good day

Bring up your concerns with the dentist. If you are not happy with the end results, this should be brought to the attention of the dentist, even if it makes you feel a bit anxious. And this should be done as soon as possible.
In terms of a redo...Unfortunately if you signed or gave consent that you are happy with the shade, the chances of them replacing the veneer with a different shade, free of charge, is unlikely.

Vote:

Ask a Question