Not been to the dentist since 18 (UK)

Hi Guys,

I went off to Uni when I was 18, then moved to London when I graduated. I guess I was just a bit lazy to re register at different practices, but it now means that I have not been to the dentist since I was 18 (I am now 31).

I have never had any issues with my teeth. I brush daily and I am an avid, sugar free, gum 'user'. My teeth are not sensitive, nor have they ever been sensitive. My worry is that if I now go to the dentist and the dentist starts 'poking around', they may irritate something.

Is there a dentist out there that may be able to comment on what I should do, or alleviate my fears about the fore mentioned 'poking around?'.

The reason I am now asking, after all these years is because there is a tiny black dot (I guess decay), on both sides of my mouth, third (I think) molars (side not top). I have scrubbed but I can not remove. Worried that this could form into a hole.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Stewart

Ask a Question