No teeth

Hello I am a 61 years old woman that 3 years ago got all my teeth removed due to gum disease...I feel like when I look in the mirror I have aged many years...I am on a fixed budget and don’t know what to do..I do have dentures but they are ill-fitted the bottoms come off all the time because my gums are shrinking and soon there will be nothing there to hold denture in....I have a lot of swallowing problems and have had quite a few endoscopies...my neck is all wrinkled sighs...and my lines around my mouth are so pronounced.. Is there anything I can do without it having to cost me thousands of dollars...it took a lot for to type this...but I am soo desperate...any advice would be greatly appreciated.....Thank you very much....Nancy from mass

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
When you lose teeth & subsequent bone, you lose Vertical Dimension of Occlusion where you can close further down than when you had teeth. That presents with more folds on your face looking like wrinkles. I'm not sure if you had your present dentures made before your teeth were extracted (Immediate Dentures) and delivered at the time of teeth extraction so you would have teeth to chew on. If so, they don't fit as accurate due to the changes in you bone and consider new set of dentures. If costs are prohibitive, consider a temporary measure of relining them.

Vote:

Ask a Question