Nitrous didn't work?

LMB

I asked my dentist for Nitrous recently when I had a 3 hour procedure. The nitrous had no effect at all. I'm familiar with it, I've had it on several occasions in the past for dental procedures so I know what it's supposed to do, but it absolutely nothing. I told the dentist and he said "that's impossible, it's set to 50%". Any idea what might have gone wrong? He charges for it and I don't mind paying but I don't want to pay for nothing. I'm not sure if it's relevant but I'm 70 I don't drink, smoke or take any drugs prescription or otherwise.

The dentist apologized for having to charge for it but said it had gotten expensive since a nitrous factory blew up somewhere. Could it be that his new source is selling crappy nitrous?

Some people Nitrous doesn't have a profound effect on like myself. You can try a higher concentration next time ( up to 70%) or you can opt for other methods of sedation. Or he could have a leak somewhere in the lines if it is not a portable unit.

But he was telling you the truth about the nitrous plant explosion. Hope this helps

Last edited by a moderator:

Vote:

LMB

I got an email that Dr. Katyal had replied to my post but the response seems to be missing unless I'm doing something wrong here. This was the message:
"Some people Nitrous doesn't have a profound effect on like myself. You can try a higher concentration next time ( up to 70%) or you can opt for other methods of sedation. Or he could have a leak somewhere in the lines if it is not a portable unit. But he was telling you the truth about the nitrous plant explosion. Hope this helps"

I just wanted to say thanks! I will ask the dentist to kick up the concentration next time & to check for leaks I will also ask him if his other patients have had similar complaints.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vote:

Ask a Question