Night guard "fitting" process

Hello,
I went to the dentist to have a hard, night guard fitted to my teeth after it came back from the lab.

the night guard did not fit into my teeth. It also would not come out after being "jammed" into place. It had to be pulled on with considerable force to get it out of my teeth and we had to try pulling at different angles. It felt like my teeth were in a straight jacket. When we would pull it loose, it would bounce around my mouth and hit my teeth like you expect something to do when you pull on it will a lot of force and it suddenly gives way.

I was very uncomfortable with this process. After 3 times of this thing getting stuck in my mouth, I stopped the whole thing and would not allow them to put it back in my mouth. The dentist said she would get the lab to make another one with a soft inside. She did not make any new impressions of my teeth.

Is this normal?

Thanks for your time,

Tim

Ask a Question