NHS DENTIST refuses to do a bridge unless I go private

Hello, I would like a bridge fitted on the NHS, I have 1 tooth at the back of my mouth upper right, the very last tooth stands alone . Theres a big gap as I have had two teath removed both next to each other. Because of this I only eat chew using my left side of my mouth.

My dentist refuses me treatment saying I have no problems eating on my left side so its not required hence its for cosmetic purposes, even though you cant see the bridge if I smiled...

Though the dentists agreed on giving me a denture on the nhs.... but not a bridge, if I wanted a bridge id have to pay a thousand pound more than the cost of the nhs price.

I think its wrong, the big gap gives me just one small mollar at the top.. its affecting me eating, its not for cosmetic purposes. Why can't I get it on the nhs? And why offer me dentures on the nhs if its just cosmetic as is their excuse? I think its just because its more work for them....

I will get a bridge, I can afford band 3 nhs price for my bridge but they are asking for £1300 which I can't afford... ill have to save for a couple of years. Is this dentists right in refusing me ?

If I'm entitled to have the work carried out on the nhs ill try and fight it.

Ask a Question