New veneers turning grey!

Just had Lumineers put on 2 weeks ago and they are turning grey, especially closeto the gum line. yesterday one fell off and the cement underneath was black! the black came off easily with peroxide...but what about my other teeth? howcan i get the stain out from under them? the dentist didn't know why this is happening. he told me to bleach them and the stain should come out, so far it hasn't...will this work?

Don't bleach them unless you know what is causing those stains.

Go back to your dentist and let him clean those teeth professionally. and deligently brush them.

Are you still in temps?

Vote:
Just had Lumineers put on 2 weeks ago and they are turning grey, especially closeto the gum line. yesterday one fell off and the cement underneath was black! the black came off easily with peroxide...but what about my other teeth? howcan i get the stain out from under them? the dentist didn't know why this is happening. he told me to bleach them and the stain should come out, so far it hasn't...will this work?

consult some other dentist

Vote:
Gray Veneers

Graying of veneers is caused by micro-leakage of bacteria between the seal of the veneer to the tooth. There is no treatment to remove the stain. Some people have these chromogenic (color causing) bacteria in their mouth. Excellent bonding techniques prevent the micro-leakage from occurring. The only treatment is to remove the veneers and replace them. If a dental laser is available, they can sometimes be removed in one piece, cleaned up and put back on.

For more information on veneers, visit our website. MasterpieceSmile.com. Good Luck.

Vote:
If the color of the veneers turns grey you can try and bleach the teeth but this is not permanent. You will have to continue bleaching. In your case I'd suggest getting a second opinion from a different dentist to find a solution.

Vote:
Gray Veneers

Graying of veneers is caused by micro-leakage of bacteria between the seal of the veneer to the tooth. There is no treatment to remove the stain. Some people have these chromogenic (color causing) bacteria in their mouth. Excellent bonding techniques prevent the micro-leakage from occurring. The only treatment is to remove the veneers and replace them. If a dental laser is available, they can sometimes be removed in one piece, cleaned up and put back on.

For more information on veneers, visit our website. MasterpieceSmile.com. Good Luck.
so if you have chromogenic bacteria will it stain the veneers?

Vote:

Ask a Question