New Teeth/dentures for 69 year old

My mother has only 2-3 teeth in the back of her mouth. I am preparing to help pay for new teeth for her in Jan 2017. Would she get dentures? She is 69 years old and has borderline type 2 diabetes. If I find a good dentist I'm also trying to sign her up for a good dental plan/insurance in Oklahoma. I don't know if you need new teeth at that age, are they dentures or, something else.

Seek for the competent doctor, as not every dentist knows, for example, that pain sensitivity is increased among people with diabetes, they will quickly become fatigued, and they have reduced immunity. And the choice of the type of dental care and the materials require special knowledge.

Prosthodontists often make mistakes, choosing the design of dentures for the patient with diabetes. They underestimate (or overestimate) gum health in diabetics. Each patient is recommended to remember that it is necessary to postpone the orthopedic treatment of the disease if the blood sugar level is heightened until the compensation or, particularly, it is wrong to refuse in treatment. In such cases, treatment should be limited to the manufacture of dental prostheses that meet the requirements for proper redistribution of the load.

Dentists for teeth prosthetics use structural materials. Most of them are different metal alloys. But the presence of metal alloys in the mouth is a source of trace elements to the body. In addition, metal compounds in the oral cavity, affect the quality and quantity of saliva, and its enzyme activity, and can provoke allergic reactions. In this regard, patients with diabetes cannot be provided with dentures and crowns made of cobalt-chromium and nickel-chromium alloys which are widely used in prosthetics. Only gold-platinum alloy can be used for crowns and bridges (but it's very expensive!), and dentures must have titanium base. It prevents mouth the fungus genus Candida, multiplication of staphylococci.

Vote:

Ask a Question