New med- tongue issues

So I started on some new meds (adderral- Please no lectures) a few months ago and since then I've had some issues with my tongue. I get like these white bumps on the edge of my tongue that hurt. My tongue has been sore and the meds do cause dry mouth. I'm not sure if the issues I'm having are from dehydration or because the meds make me sometimes rub my tongue on my teeth and occasionally I'll create a suction with my tongue. Any thoughts? It's only isolated to the edge of my tongue. I got to the dentist in a couple of weeks but trying to get some ideas before then. I've been using toothpaste with peroxide and also mouthwash for sores.

Attachments

• IMG_20200727_081004.jpg
    IMG_20200727_081004.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_20200727_081022.jpg
    IMG_20200727_081022.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 117

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
The tongue in the images have normal lesions known as migratory glossitis or geographic tongue. It could be more pronounced after medication due to changes in your body's autoimmune system. Medications could cause dry mouth and rubbing your tongue could also make it more sensitive. I would not use peroxide, mouth rinse, or harsh toothpastes due to their chemical irritation. If appropriate, have your dentist prescribe you Kenalog in Dental Paste (very expensive in the US not usually covered by most insurances) to apply on sore spots.

Vote:

Ask a Question