New here, never know how to words these.

I'm from Texas, and, i am 24 Male. I have a fear of dentists, it started 12 years ago when one of them ended up slicing the roof of my mouth open requiring stitches, though, i know he did not do it on purpose. Skip ahead a year and another one outright told me to leave his office accusing me of being on drugs, so i went and got blood tests randomly for a year to prove i wasn't on them (besides i was only 13). I found another dentist anyway and he has been kind but says he is unable to work on my teeth and reccomended i go to a maxillofacial surgeon which i did and have since had most of my teeth removed (13 left) i need to have them all removed. They say i have little enamel or something as my wisdom teeth came in sponge-like and squishy, currently my teeth have rotted below the gumline but i no longer have the funds to have them removed one more year of saving and i can have some more removed. I do not smoke or drink, there are two dentists in my town one of them (the one who refused me when i was younger) and the one who reccomended me. I am curious about ways to keep infection down, as it stands i rinse and gargle three times a day with warm salt water, i can no longer brush as it causes intense pain but i do use mouthwash as well. Any tips on keeping infection away for awhile? tired of taking antibiotics all the time.

Nice to meet you all. :)

Edit: Sorry about the typo in the title -_-

Last edited:
Hi.

Welcome to the forums.

I understand your fear of dentists as I deal with that also. I'm sorry you struggle with this.

I'd like to recommend another forum that you may find of help. I personally love it. Lots of helpful and friendly people on there. There's both patients and dentists on it.

Here's the link if you're curious. http://www.dentalfearcentral.org/forum/

Good luck.

JJ

Ask a Question