New here, Hello. I have a compromised tooth that I would like an opinion on Please.

Hello All,

New here, let's get to the point quickly. I have not been to a dentist in 15 years. I am a 41 y.o. white male. What started as a cavity years ago when I was much poorer, has now resulted in this issue. ( Pics attached) My apologies for the shitty pics, it is rather difficult to take a pic of your teeth I've just now learned, The interior "wall:" of the tooth has now been reduced to a small sharp piece slightly above the "gum" line.

I do not know what can or should be done, hence my reach out on this forum. I have no dental insurance, but I can put $2,500 on this up front if needed. I was thinking a "form & pour", like concrete, but I'm ignorant as to modern dental practices. There is no pain YET, but I fear things may get much worse if I defer this any longer.
Are there any experts that can advise me PLEASE? Any reco's in the Tampa Bay, Florida area?

Thank you in advance for professional advice by dental experts.

FYI, I have over 20 years experience in Florida roofing and asphalt paving, AKA veteran, in the event anyone has a question about those matters......

Attachments

• Tooth 3-28-18 #1.jpg
    Tooth 3-28-18 #1.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 326
  • tooth 3-28-18 #2.jpg
    tooth 3-28-18 #2.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 333
  • tooth Pic #3.jpg
    tooth Pic #3.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 338

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
That tooth is probably a goner. When they're that decayed, there'll be more decay underneath, and nerve involvement likely. So, then you'd have to RCT, and at a minimum a prefab post with big filling on top; otherwise cast post-and-core, then crown. Either of these options will still be doubtful in long term. I'd suggest extraction, and use the saved money to check other teeth for other problems.

Vote:
Thank you, sir, your advice is very much appreciated. I have a dentist appt. set for Monday. MattKW, can you ballpark the cost, with no insurance, for an RCT, prefab post, and big filling? ( this seems like the most economical) as opposed to the ideal solution.( most expensive)? 2K to 5k? I don't want to go half ass here, I need all my teeth, I like kissing girls, and I'm willing to spend up to 10K if required to "fix" the problem long term.

I did have extensive braces and wisdom teeth removed when I was under the "parents" umbrella and checkbook. In as much, outside of nicotine stains, all other teeth look to be in reasonable shape.

Thanks again!

Vote:

Ask a Question