New here & have a couple of questions about particals and bridges.

Hello everyone, I have been searching for a good forum to come to so I might could get a little help. I hope I have came to the right place.

I am having some problems with my top teeth. My bottom teeth are fine, just need to be cleaned. My top teeth, I don't have very many left. I have very soft teeth which had led them to breaking so I need to have 5 of them pulled, most of those are in the back so it's no big deal since they aren't noticeable. One of my front teeth has broken almost completely off. Then I have another tooth that is close to the front that has broke and I am not so sure if it can be saved. It's decaying. So, that one may have to be pulled as well, along with my front tooth. After those teeth being pulled, that will leave me 4 teeth on top. 3 on my left and then my other front tooth.

So, here are my questions. Is it possible to have a partial denture with just 4 teeth on top? Cause I know clamps are used and with me only have 4 teeth on my left that are side by side, then a gap where the front tooth would need to be replaced then my natural front tooth, then another gap. I hope I am not confusing anyone!

Also, same thing with a bridge, can it still be done with 4 top teeth?

I don't know much about how partials and bridges work, I have been looking up some stuff online but thought it might be hard fitting clamps since I only have 4 teeth on top, after most of them are pulled.

Thanks to anyone that can answer these questions, then I will have my answer and go from there.

Ask a Question