New Here From London

Greetings, I have just had a busy 2 years of treatment. I have always had a sweet tooth and that has cost me dearly! I was cleaning my teeth 3 times a day, but I wasn't flossing. My NHS dentist retired and I didn't see a new one for 4 years.
I have, since 2013, now had 4 extractions, 2 implants, 2 crowns, 6 fillings & 6 teeth built up. The latter was my front upper teeth and I was really impressed with the effect. It has cost a lot of money, but my mouth is a lot healthier. Like most people, I always get anxious before each visit, but the standard of dentistry especially in anaesthetics have greatly improved. I had one implant done under twilight anaesthetic and 1 with the normal gum injections. I now go every 6 months and have hygienist treatment. I'm sure I will have to have more work done because I still have 5 teeth with the old metal fillings. The white, resin ones are much better and it is hard to detect they've been filled!

I think these forums are a great help especially for those of us who may be dreading going to a dentist after a long period of time.

Ask a Question