New from Georgia

Hey! I had not been to a dentist in 9 years. I have this deep fear of dentists. It began as a child and my mother didn't take me to the dentist regularly because of a traumatic that I honestly have no memory of. I went regularly after we moved near my Aunt so she made sure I went regularly. I continued going as an adult until I had my daughter and then it was few and far between. Either due to having no money or fear. So fast forward to this month. Teeth were getting worse and I had several broken down teeth. I looked up a sedation dentist who I met and liked. He is really nice and so is his staff. I got a consultation and xrays. I had to get work done before a cleaning because of the pain I was in. My appointment was yesterday (8/25/15). I had Valium and laughing gas. I had a difficult time getting numb but in the end the broken teeth were removex, had the bone grafts and stitches. My root canal went well. So I'm just recovering. Next go round I'm paying for the sedation. :/ I'm looking forward to discussions and advice. :)

Ask a Question