New dentist generating work?

My dentist (of 15 years) just retired and sold his practice. A few years ago temp hygienist tried to say my amalgam fillings were getting “old” and needed to be replaced even though I had no complaints…. Happily, my dentist said no they are fine.

Fast forward to the other day when I met my new dentist during my 6-month cleaning and she said we need to watch three of my teeth that have shadowing behind the fillings…. I have no issues or complaints and take good care of my teeth.

So is this new dentist trying to generate some work for pay off student loans or what? I want to be prepared for my next visit in six months. At first blush, if they tell me I need to have a filling replaced, I’m inclined to say no, not until I have a problem.

Oh, I’ve had my fillings since I was a teenager and never had a single one replaced and I’m now in my 50s.

Appreciate any insight.

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Good day
For an educated opinion, we would need to see some x-rays. To wait until a tooth becomes symptomatic, before doing something, is not the best idea, since usually symptomatic teeth, require more complex treatment, such as root canal treatments etc.

Vote:

Ask a Question